Controlling pests in the bush first requires restoration. Restoration is followed by substantial maintenance activity because it requires the introduction to the bush of significant pest control paraphernalia.
- Preparing for pest control activities
- Controlling and expanding borders
- Cutting tracks
- Placing bait stations and traps
We have an endangered species program which includes
- Species Reintroduction
- Species Protection
- King Ferns
- Bait laying and bait consumption monitoring
- Trap checking and re-baiting
- Track maintenance
- Pest monitoring
- Biodiversity monitoring
Education and Interpretation
The Project works closely with the Aongatete Outdoor Education Centre, which is a lodge situated in the Forest. Many school groups use the accommodation and facilities, as well as other groups.